- 01 Oct 2019
How to pour the perfect beer in 4 easy steps
So, my wife thought she’d be a good egg and pour me a glass of beer the other night and to my horror I was faced with what can only be described as something which resembled a Mr Whippy ice cream!
This got me thinking how many of us actually know how to pour the ‘perfect’ beer. We’ve all probably poured our own beer from a can/bottle in to a glass more times than we care to remember, but does it always come out right – probably not.
So here you go, your quick & easy guide to pouring a beer…
- Get your angles right – don’t worry if you don’t have a protractor, just put the glass between upright & horizontal and you’ll be roughly at 45 degrees
- Pick your target – aim for the halfway point of the glass, but don’t go too slow as you’ll end up with no head on your beer
- Straighten up – when the glass gets half full, tilt the glass upright
- How big is your head – no, not from pouring the perfect beer! Aim for a head between an inch and an inch and a half
Something gone wrong?
- Too much head – you’ve poured the beer to fast
- Not enough head – you’ve poured it too slowly or the angle was too steep
So there you have it – pouring the perfect beer in four easy steps couldn’t be simpler
Enjoy your beer
P.S. If the wife’s reading this, no offence is meant in any of this, it’s merely a guide to help you in the future!
P.P.S. I think I’m going to be in a bit of trouble!